Conway, SC - CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - A center that spotlights women's issues will debut on the Coastal Carolina University campus on April 22, school officials announced Friday.
Coastal Carolina's Women's Resource Center, located in the E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration, will serve as an education and cultural resource for the community on a range of diverse social issues. The center will be staffed during select hours by student workers and supervised by Barbara Ritter, director of the center.
The WRC is designed to support the mission of the University to help students become productive, responsible, healthy and global citizens by focusing on pertinent social, political and cultural topics as they relate to women and by fostering a campus environment where all people are treated equitably.
The WRC offers:
• Peer advising for students on a walk-in or appointment basis.
• A relaxing environment for study, meetings or socializing.
• Information and referrals to appropriate campus and community resources (student organizations, career services, counseling services, social events and campus activities).
• A variety of pamphlets, brochures and magazines concerning relevant issues both locally and nationally.
• A small library focused on women's theory and history, culture and other issues.
• Ongoing programs that address women's issues.
For more information, contact Ritter at 843-349-4175.