Charlotte, NC - From Coastal Carolina University
CHARLOTTE, NC – Coastal Carolina women's basketball earned the No. 5 seed in the 2010 Advance Auto Parts Big South Conference Tournament, opening play on Friday, March 12 at 2 p.m. versus in-state rival Charleston Southern in High Point, N.C.
The Chanticleers were tied with the Winthrop Eagles, finishing League action with identical 7-9 records. The Chanticleers earned the No. 5 seed with its sweep of Radford during the regular-season to break the tie. The Chanticleers will play the Buccaneers, who were losers of a tie-breaker between them and High Point. The Chants split the series with the Bucs taking the first match-up in Charleston, 74-68, and Coastal winning the second at home, 73-65.
Claiming the Big South Regular Season title and No. 1 seed was Gardner-Webb. Liberty followed in second and High Point in third. Taking the sixth seed was Winthrop and the seventh was Radford. Rounding out the field in the eighth spot was UNC Asheville.
The 2010 Advance Auto Parts Big South Women's Basketball Championship begins Friday, March 12 with four games, and continues with the semifinals on March 13 and the finals on March 14. The semifinals and finals will be televised on SportSouth and MASN. The Big South's Tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. The Conference Championship schedule is as follows:
First Round - Friday, March 12 (at Millis Center, High Point, N.C.)
- Game 1: No. 1 Gardner-Webb vs. No. 8 UNC Asheville, 12:00pm ET
- Game 2: No. 4 Charleston Southern vs. No. 5 Coastal Carolina, 2:00pm ET
- Game 3: No. 2 Liberty vs. No. 7 Radford, 5:30pm ET
- Game 4: No. 3 High Point vs. No. 6 Winthrop, 7:30pm ET
Semifinals - Saturday, March 13 (at Millis Center, High Point, N.C.)
- Game 5: Semifinals – Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 1:00pm ET; TV: Sportsouth and MASN
- Game 6: Semifinals – Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 3:00pm ET; TV: Sportsouth and MASN
Championship - Sunday, March 14 (at Millis Center, High Point, N.C.)