As we head towards the second decade of this millennium, we are hopeful that 2010 will bring positive news for our region. Here are a few of the things on our wish list for the upcoming year:
- Funding secured to begin construction of I-73
- Tourism travel up significantly over 2009 resulting in high occupancy levels and higher room rates
- Record traffic through the Myrtle Beach International Airport
- Unemployment rates dropping into the single digits
- A successful first year for all of the new events planned for May and the grand opening of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- Home values rising consistently
- A significant reduction in crime
- Less litter and more respect for our natural resources
- Major announcements for job creation specifically related to the new industrial aviation park
- Continued growth with major tourism events especially sports tourism projects
Obviously there are many, many more items we could add to the list.
Consider This: If only few of these come to fruition, it will be a big boost compared to the year we have recently experienced. We'll keep our fingers crossed!