New amusement park gets final OK - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

New amusement park gets final OK

By A.J. Ross - bio | email

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) -   North Myrtle Beach City Council gave the final stamp of approval for a new amusement park that will be situated along Ocean Boulevard. 

The new O.D. Pavilion and Amusement Park will take over the parking lot behind the Boulevard Grill between Main St. and 1st Ave North.

Owner Mark Lazarus says the park will feature a kiddy rollercoaster, a Ferris wheel, and many other rides.  City officials are hoping that the new attractions will draw more people to the beach.

"It's going to hearken back to the days of the family friendly beach and some of the amusements we used to have," said North Myrtle Beach spokeswoman Nicole Aiello.

There is no admission fee for the park, which is expected to open August 1 .  Each ride will cost between $2 to $3.

©2009 WMBF News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocalMore>>

  • Breaking

    Male victim badly burned by possible generator explosion in Robeson County

    Male victim badly burned by possible generator explosion in Robeson County

    Thursday, July 20 2017 2:18 PM EDT2017-07-20 18:18:08 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A male victim was badly burned after a possible generator explosion in the Maxton area of Robeson County Thursday morning. At 10 a.m., Robeson County Fire received a call about a fire or explosion on El Rancho Drive off Jacobs Road, according to Robeson County Fire Marshal Stephanie Chavis.

    More >>

    A male victim was badly burned after a possible generator explosion in the Maxton area of Robeson County Thursday morning. At 10 a.m., Robeson County Fire received a call about a fire or explosion on El Rancho Drive off Jacobs Road, according to Robeson County Fire Marshal Stephanie Chavis.

    More >>
  • Police continue to investigate after man shot in mouth, hand in Longs area Tuesday

    Police continue to investigate after man shot in mouth, hand in Longs area Tuesday

    Thursday, July 20 2017 2:07 PM EDT2017-07-20 18:07:25 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A man was found covered with blood, shot in the mouth and hand, at the Tiger Mart in the Longs area of Horry County Tuesday night. Horry County Police officers responded to the Tiger Mart on East Highway 9 at about 9:45 p.m. The victim, a 30-year-old man, was found covered in blood with money falling out his pocket, the police report states. The man was holding his mouth where he had been shot.

    More >>

    A man was found covered with blood, shot in the mouth and hand, at the Tiger Mart in the Longs area of Horry County Tuesday night. Horry County Police officers responded to the Tiger Mart on East Highway 9 at about 9:45 p.m. The victim, a 30-year-old man, was found covered in blood with money falling out his pocket, the police report states. The man was holding his mouth where he had been shot.

    More >>
  • Breaking

    Police say Aynor-area shooting Wednesday night was accidental

    Police say Aynor-area shooting Wednesday night was accidental

    Thursday, July 20 2017 2:03 PM EDT2017-07-20 18:03:33 GMT
    Police are investigating a shooting that injured one person in the Aynor area Wednesday night. (Source: WMBF News)Police are investigating a shooting that injured one person in the Aynor area Wednesday night. (Source: WMBF News)

    A man received a non-life-threatening injury in a shooting in the Aynor area Wednesday night that police learned was accidental.

    More >>

    A man received a non-life-threatening injury in a shooting in the Aynor area Wednesday night that police learned was accidental.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly