GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Free transportation will be provided Tuesday for Georgetown County residents who need help reaching emergency evacuation shelters, according to a press release.
The county says this will be the only time they will offer this service of shelter transportation for this flooding event.
Shelters will be at the following locations:
· Georgetown High School, 2500 Anthuan Maybank Drive, Georgetown
· Waccamaw Middle School, 247 Wildcat Way, Pawleys Island
Both locations will have sections that accept pets. However, the following conditions are imposed for those coming in with pets.
· Pets must be crated to be admitted. This goes for dogs, cats and any other animals brought in.
· Pets must be attended at all times by the person(s) bringing them in. That person will be responsible for all the pet’s care, including feeding, walking, etc.
· People should bring food, medication and any other items pets will need while being sheltered.
Those coming to shelters should also bring anything their families will need during their stay, including bedding, snacks, games and activities for children, etc.
For those who would prefer to look for rental accommodations, hotels and vacation homes on the Waccamaw Neck and in the Myrtle Beach area are outside the flood zone and open for business. Additionally, some are offering discounts for evacuees.
For more information on shelters and other flood-related matters, please visit www.gtcounty.org or call 843-545-3273.